Saturday, January 12, 2013

Britney Spears Calls Off Engagement With Jason Trawick And Quits X Factor

Britney, 31, and Jason, 41 her former agent got engaged in December 2011.

“Jason and I have decided to call off our engagement,” Spears said in a statement. “I’ll always adore him and we will remain great friends.”

The couple began dating in May 2010, following a turbulent few years in Spears’ personal and professional life in which she lost custody of her children, entered rehab and shaved off her hair.

Trawick added in a statement: “As this chapter ends for us a new one begins. I love and cherish her and her boys and we will be close forever.

The bombshell comes on the same day she officially quit US X Factor and hinted at plans of a music career comeback

She made the "difficult decision" to leave the show after just one season as a judge and said watching contestants on stage every week made her miss performing.

It was claimed that Britney was paid $15million to appear on the reality talent show alongside boss Simon Cowell.

In a statement released tonight, she said: "I've made the very difficult decision not to return for another season.

"I had an incredible time doing the show and I love the other judges and I am so proud of my teens, but it's time for me to get back in the studio."

The controversial pop star continued: "Watching them all do their thing up on that stage every week made me miss performing so much!

"I can't wait to get back out there and do what I love most."

Celebrity website TMZ.com reported on Friday that Spears was in talks about a long-term residency gig in Las Vegas. The gambling city is already host to stars like Celine Dion and Shania Twain, who perform under long term contracts.

No comments:

Post a Comment